“A FIGHT AGAINST INDECENCY AND UNCARING, THAT TOOK PLACE EVERY TIME AN ANIMAL WAS EUTHANIZED.”
All communities can become no -kill communities.Community values and priorities have been changing for many years and today we have to have the right to fight for our shelter animals, and to have access to all of them that have unfairly been named ‘unadoptable’ or ‘unwanted’. Winograd.
The No-Kill Equation:
- Trap,neuter, release program for all free living cats.
- High volume,low- cost spay/neuter
- Working with rescue groups
- Foster care programs
- Comprehensive Adoption Programs
- Pet Retention Efforts
- Medical and Behavioral Rehabilitation
- Public Relations/Community Involvement
- Working with volunteers
- Progressive Field Services
- Proactive Redemptions
- A compassionate Shelter Director
A great book to read about the no-kill movement.
1.’Redemption.The Myth of Pet Overpopulation and the No-Kill Revolution in America.’ by Nathan Winograd.
© Copyright 2012